Worried about Covid and losing your money?
1. MOST importantly, you will NOT lose any money with Sailing the Med if the trip is cancelled due to UK travel restrictions – we will simply move the trip to the same dates in 2022 and your spot will be transferred over.
2. Whilst there may still be an element of COVID restrictions, do note that being on a yacht is probably the safest place to be! Furthermore, it has been recognised that the travel and airlines industry are 2 sectors who can NOT afford to go another season like 2020. Easyjet, Wizz Air and RyanAir CEOs have all come out and said whilst they dislike lockdown, they are certain that it will save Spring and Summer 2021 for UK travellers.
3. Your deposit is SAFE, your flights can be changed, we know how to run a safe trip and isolation upon return has been reduced to as low as 5 days.
4. COVID infection fell to a very low number over summer months, allowing and facilitating travel.
5. UK government expects ½ of the population to be vaccinated by May and 100% by end of Summer.
6. The government has introduced a new system where EVEN if you go to a country NOT on the quarantine agreement list, you can get a PRC test upon return and reduced your isolation to 5 days
7. Most airlines and importantly, the charter airlines, have a £0 fee policy for changing your flight
8. Remember we successfully ran a trial Flotilla in August 2020 to Sardinia, where all persons got a pre-trip COVID test and all of us remained healthy and had a great time!
9. We are well ahead of the same place as 2020 and you will recall whilst many of us were nervous as late as April and May, almost everyone got away and had a holiday.
10. Our trips are to coastal places with islands where infection rates tend to be a fraction of big cities (Spain, Croatia and Italy were part of quarantine free travel corridor for most of summer 2020)